Kunkletown Couple found Dead in their house

POLK TOWNSHIP: A Kunkletown couple was discovered unresponsive today by a family member who called authorities. Polk Township Volunteer Fire Co., West End Ambulance, and State Police responded to the scene and confirmed the couple had passed and contacted the Monroe County Coroners Office.

The Monroe County Coroner identified the victims as Harold Wassmer, 56, and Laura Wassmer, 51.

It is believed that the Wassmer's of Hemlock Drive Kunkletown passed away in their sleep due to Carbon Monoxide poisoning caused by a faulty kerosene heater that they were using as a heating source.

An autopsy will be performed on Monday by the Monroe County Coroner's Office to confirm the cause of death.

We would like to remind everyone how important it is to have Carbon Monoxide Detectors in your home no matter if you are using a gas/oil furnace, propane/kerosene heater, stovetop or oven to heat your home and to never run your vehicle inside of an enclosed attached garage.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *